Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Source of Joy

Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny bikini
April 6th, 2009 by Abby
I originally posted this blog on my ComicEarth blog (which you should join), but it was such a hot topic, I thought I would post it here for you non-ComicEarthers.
This morning, I was listening to Jessica Rey, former White Power Ranger, talk about defending chastity and morality. It was an interview with my friend Tony Rossi from The Christophers (who is now a ComicEarth member) and he always does such a great job asking questions and getting to the heart of the topic. This go round was not any different.
Click here to listen to the podcast. Or click here, then scroll down a little bit until you see Jessica’s podcast.
Jessica Rey is a model, actress, wife, swimsuit designer, chastity advocate and one incredible Catholic woman. After a discussion with a priest about bikinis, she decided it was time to create a modest swimsuit line that was flattering, womanly, respectful and not frumpy. The inspiration for her swimsuits is none other than one of the most elegant women from the 1950s, Audrey Hepburn.
Back in the 1950s, I know my grandma didn’t prance around in a skimpy bikini. So, why do we, the women of the 2000s, do it? Guys, I know bikins are sexy (at least on some girls), but is that really what you want to see? It’s like wearing a bra and panties!
Now, I am not a saint (not yet anyway) when it comes to modesty, but Jessica’s insights really made me think (especially with swimsuit season just around the corner).
Check out Rey Swimwear and tell me what you think.
I’ve already ordered one swimsuit and will most likely get another one in May. The customer service team is wonderful and responds quickly if you have any questions. Also, they are waiting on a new shipment of the top I wanted, but the customer service rep told me to order it now and they will send it to me as soon as they can. As long as it’s before Memorial Day weekend, I’m good to go.